"Save" Only Forms - No "Submit" Button

Venture Rocket created the topic: "Save" Only Forms - No "Submit" Button

Hello --

I found the prior post about hiding the "Submit" button: "unless there is a submit button on a form, it cannot be submitted. Neither the data can be saved in the database, nor the e-mail with submissions can be sent."

I'm trying to create a form that acts as a Customer Profile on their account page (when logged in). If they "Submit" their data... it empties the form contents - so I really need a way to have a "Save Only" form. It must be possible to upgrade the Save Form Addon with this feature (a way to have the form function properly as "Save Only" - and a preference/checkbox added to the Form Maker Admin to select it). I'm sure many people would also want this function.

Are there any plans to do so?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Venture Rocket replied the topic: "Save" Only Forms - No "Submit" Button

Additional Question: As a "workaround"... how do I change the CSS for the "Save" Button - separately from the "Submit" Button? I've tried, and haven't been able to (it appears the "Save" inherits the CSS). If I can do that, I can make the "Submit" Button smaller/invisible (white on white).

Appreciate the details on how to do this...

Thanks, again!

Agapi G. replied the topic: "Save" Only Forms - No "Submit" Button

Dear user,

If we understand your requirement correctly, you would like to keep the entered data after user hits submit. Is this correct?

If yes, then you can either hide the submit button with the following code:

.button-submit {
    display: none;
}

Or alternatively we could customize your Form Maker and make it possible to view the entered information after users submit.

Let me know which way you would like to go.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hello Agapi --

Appreciate your reply... but, same problem - the "display: none" CSS applied to the "SUBMIT" Button then also removes the "SAVE" Button - since it inherits the CSS.

So... the question is: How do I set the CSS Separately for the "SAVE" Button?

And your alternative, "customize your Form Maker and make it possible to view the entered information after users submit" - How do we do that?

Thanks!

Dear user,

In case you are happy with hiding Submit button, we would recommend to do that instead of customizing. Because in case we do customize, you will not be able to update the plugin, unfortunately.

So could you please give the link to your form? I will try to give you the exact code, that hides Submit button only.
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi again...

Hot sure why a link to the form would matter... I'm simply using the shortcode on a page. I've attached a screenshot instead.

I have other plugins that have been customized, and I am familiar with how to update and keep my changes (I realize it makes it more difficult) - so that is not a problem, if that is what's needed to fix this.

But ideally, this would be a feature you guys could add to Form Maker for everyone - because I believe that many people would want this (the ability to "SAVE" a form ONLY - Not "Submit") - which allows people to have a Customer Profile Form that can be updated without "losing" the data. And if there could be a checkbox on the Save Form Progress Addon Admin page to "Remove Submit Button" - that would be great.

I believe the best fix right now would be a customization to have SEPARATE CSS for the "Save" and "Submit" Buttons (currently, the "Save" Button inherits the CSS FROM "Submit"). That way, your suggestion to use the following is CSS would work (I've tried this and it removes BOTH buttons):

.button-submit {
display: none;
}

Is that a possibility?

Appreciate your help with this...

Thanks!

Attachments:

Dear user,

I wanted to have the link to give the exact code for your form, but I believe the following should work on your form and hide Submit button only:

div[type="type_submit_reset"] .wdform-element-section :first-child {
    display: none !important;
}

Please add it to the theme of your form. Or in case it does not work, you can write it in style.css file or Custom CSS editor of your website theme.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hello again...

Thanks for the fix to remove the Submit Button. I was able to add it successfully to the custom CSS - and things appear to be working so far.

There's one more thing on this particular form...

The "Save Form Progress" section (in Form Options) - allows me to send an email... but the only option in the dropdown menu is to send it to the User's Email Address. There's also no field to enter an alternate email - and I want to send the Saved Data (Not Submit) - to a different email.

How can I change the "send to" on the Save Form Progress email?

Thanks!

Dear user,

Unfortunately the option to add an alternative e-mail address is not available, but there is a workaround, that you can try.

Please add an e-mail field and fill in your e-mail address from the form backend. Afterwards you can hide it from frontend with CSS, and select that field from the options of Save Progress add-on.

This way you will receive the mails to your e-mail address.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds