Adding a colon to a label breaks the form

Thomas Hudgins created the topic: Adding a colon to a label breaks the form

It seems like there is something special about the colon ":" character in a field label.

In a simple text field, I can put a colon in my field label - Company:

However, if I use one of the special, prebuilt, composite fields like Name, if I put a colon in the label, the field doesn't display properly. I'm attaching two screen shots, one where I've added a colon after the Contact field label, and one where I don't have it. I don't understand this behavior.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Zhanna Khachatryan replied the topic: Adding a colon to a label breaks the form

Hi Thomas,

This problem can occur in case of deleting a field after Auto Generate Layout checkbox is unmarked in Form Layout. Firstly please try selecting that option and saving the layout.

Alternatively, you can resolve this issue the following way. Open developer tools of your browser (F12) and inspect the elements of that characters. If you delete them and save your form, broken fields shall be removed.

Please drop me a line if you'll need any further assistance.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

Try out our brand new plugins:

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Explore them and share your thoughts!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds