Address State Format

Mike Bianco created the topic: Address State Format

I am using a standard Text Input / "Address" block field on my page. When I look at the submitted data, the 'State' field sometimes gets written as the state abbreviation (eg 'NJ') and sometimes gets written as the full name (eg 'New Jersey'). I can't see any explanation as to why this is happening or what causes one or the other to get recorded.

Please look into this.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Address State Format

Dear Mike,

Thanks for informing us about this issue!
Could you please let us know which version of Form Maker you currently have? We will check if it is a bug within the product.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Mike Bianco replied the topic: Address State Format

I am on version 2.8.10, and I believe you applied a patch to it for an issue with ReCaptcha and an error message.

Dear Mike,

Thank you for letting us know about the version!

I spoke to our developers and they don't think this is a bug within the plugin. Could you please tell if you have used the build-in States select box of Form Maker, or you have created a custom select wit the states?

Please give us the link to the form that has this issue.
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

As I stated in the original post, I am using a standard text input field address block. So I did not create the State field at all - FormMaker did. I'll send an email to you support address with details on the form.

Actually, the State field is not a drop down and is not validated at all. You can enter anything you want in this field. So, I guess there isn't really a problem - just not the best user or data collection experience.

Dear Mike,

As I responded to your e-mails, the state field can be set to change, when a user selects country as United States. It is necessary to select Use list for US states option in Address field settings.

However, as you reported, there is a problem with its functionality, at which our developers are currently taking a look.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Dear Mike,

Our developers have implemented the necessary solution for this issue on your website. The bug will also be updated in the next version of Form Maker.

Here's what they have done. The following code was replaced with the existing in /form-maker/frontend/views/FMViewForm_maker.php file:

attr("tagName")=="SELECT"
=>
prop("tagName")=="SELECT"

Could you please check the state input and confirm, that it changes back to an input, when another country is chosen? As for the clearing out problem, I will speak to our developers and see what they can do to improve this functionality in future Form Maker versions.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Thanks, this is now working as expected.

Dear Mike,

Great! We are very happy, that you are satisfied with the results. Please don't hesitate letting us know any time you have questions or support requests. I'll gladly assist you always.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds