Is it possible to change the Date Picker?

Thomas Hudgins created the topic: Is it possible to change the Date Picker?

I know I'm not alone in feeling that the Date Picker is sub-par.

First, at least for my application, I want the picker to disappear after I pick a date. As it is, you have to actually find the tiny close button to make it go away after you've picked your date. I think most Date Pickers go away after you pick the date unless you are picking a date range, which is not what this is doing.

I also think it's a bit odd to have the About button show the GPL and contact info for the designer. I get that you are using this from someone else but I paid for the Form Maker so I don't expect to have my clients see the inner workings of the components.

It would be nice if we could plug-in different Date Pickers (Javascript?) for use in the Form. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Is it possible to change the Date Picker?

Dear Thomas,

Regarding to the date picker, thank you for your suggestion! Could you please post it under our Submit your idea section, so other users can vote?

Here's the page link: web-dorado.com/support/submit-your-idea.html

As for the GPL and designer information, could you please give us the link or a screenshot, were you have seen this? No similar information should be shown on the frontend of your website, so there might be a problem related to this.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Thomas Hudgins replied the topic: Is it possible to change the Date Picker?

The info is shown when you click the ? in the upper left corner of the Date Picker. I've attached a screen shot.

Attachments:

Dear Thomas,

We can suggest you to hide the question mark on the calendar, so the users are not able to click on it. You will need to add the following CSS code to your form theme to make this change:

.calendar tr:first-child .button:first-child {
    visibility: hidden;
}

If the style code will not take effect, please add !important to the rule.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Thanks, the CSS to hide the About ? works for me.

I still would really like the calendar to go away when the date is selected. I can just hear the support calls now - "When I select a date, nothing happens. What do I do now?" Ugh.

Dear Thomas,

I noticed you posted under Submit your idea, that your date picker covers the date input field. If it is so, could you please give the link to your form page?

We'll give you the necessary code to place the date field in a way, that does not cover the input. I think this will prevent from many support calls on your end.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

It seems to be being placed fine now. It may have been a glitch I had during testing and dev.

Thanks

Dear Thomas,

It is great, that this problem is resolved on your website now. Please feel free to let me know any time you face other issues. I will gladly assist you.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Well, I just presented my site to my client and guess what the first issue he noted was? Yeah, "What's up with the awful date picker?"

I really feel like this is a problem that needs to be solved. The operation of this picker just doesn't make sense and is counter intuitive. Besides that, it looks terrible. It's embarrassing for me to produce a form for a client that looks and operates like this frankly.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this and if there is some solution available.

Thanks

Dear Thomas,

I have added a suggestion to our development task list regarding to date picker. Our programmers will find a nice date picker jQuery plugin and replace the current one with it.

Hopefully the update with these changes will be released soon.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Has the date picker been changed in the latest version? My support contract has run out but I'm reluctant to renew my support if this issue still exists.

Thanks,

Tom

Hey Thomas! Thank you for posting your question!

I am happy to inform you, that the date picker of WordPress Form Maker has been already changed. It now has a nicer design and larger functionality, than the previous one.

Thanks! Have a wonderful start of the week!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds