Form fails using Elegant Themes Layout Builder

Douglas Dorfman created the topic: Form fails using Elegant Themes Layout Builder

Using Elegant Themes "Foxy" theme, version: 2.2.4.
Wordpress version 4.4.1–en

When I put a Web-Dorado form inside a Layout Builder Text Block, it stops working. I notice that the text entry fields all become italicized and nothing happens when Submit is pressed. I've tested this with forms with nothing more than a text field and an email field (with all WD defaults for the form), and same issue occurs.

Here is a link to the page using the form: Contact-Us

Here is a link to the WD form (which I exported and set up a Dropbox link so you can see it): The WD form

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Form fails using Elegant Themes Layout Builder

Dear Douglas,

Thank you for keeping us posted about this information!

The issue is mostly a Javascript conflict with the theme. Could you please open a support ticket by sending an e-mail to [email protected]? Kindly grant us temporary admin access to your website. Our developers will take a look at the issue and figure out a solution as soon as possible.

Please make sure to include the URL to this forum topic in your e-mail.
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Dear Douglas,

I am happy to let you know, that the problem on your Form Maker has been resolved! Our developers have made the following changes. The code below was added to FMViewForm_maker.php file:

function getfileextension(filename, exten) 
{ 
    if( filename.length == 0 ) 
    return true; 
    var dot = filename.lastIndexOf("."); 
    var extension = filename.substr(dot+1,filename.length); 
    exten=exten.split(',');
    for(var j=0 ; j<exten.length; j++)
    {
        exten[j]=exten[j].replace(/\./g,'');
        exten[j]=exten[j].replace(/ /g,'');
        if(extension.toLowerCase()==exten[j].toLowerCase())
        return true;
    }
    return false; 
}

Could you please check and confirm, that everything works properly on your Form Maker now?
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Douglas Dorfman

Douglas Dorfman replied the topic: Form fails using Elegant Themes Layout Builder

It works now, thank you. Just one question... It's not by any means debilitating, but why do the entry fields all appear italicized?

Dear Douglass,

That seems to be a CSS conflict, could you please add the following code to the very end of your form theme? The issue will be resolved:

input[type="text"],
textarea {
    font-style: normal !important;
}

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Douglas Dorfman replied the topic: Form fails using Elegant Themes Layout Builder

This problem has resurfaced... Maybe they didn't apply this change to the updated version of the code? Exactly same issue as reported nearly 9 months ago. :(

Hello Douglas!

Please note, that this problem wasn't resolved globally in Form Maker, since our developers stated, that the problem was unique to your website.

Could you please try to implement the solution I posted in this topic? If the problem won't be resolved, please submit a support ticket by sending temporary admin access with the contact form on this page: goo.gl/7SbEU1

Also make sure to mention the link to this forum topic in your message. Our developers will fix the problem, and I'll ask them to consider adding this in further versions.

Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Did the programmer have a chance to apply the fix yet? Did the credentials work?

Hi Douglas!

Looks like you are nor receiving our emails to neither of your email addresses. Could you please check the spam folder of your Gmail account? Also make sure the memory is not exceeded.

The login credentials did not work, so please send them with your website link again in a new ticket. Make sure to submit one ticket with all your forum topics indicated (the ones you have posted recently, which describe existing issues). We will resolve them ASAP.

Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds