submissions working but not posting to emails

Steven created the topic: submissions working but not posting to emails

I've set up a form & put 3 valid email addresses in the admin column but receive no emails to either account. The accounts are @hebrideanhousing.co.uk (hosted by bluehost), @hotmail.co.uk & @gmail.com.
I've read that their can sometimes be problems with php mail but surely that can't be affecting all 3 accounts? I've also checked the junk/spam folders for them.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: submissions working but not posting to emails

Dear Steven,

Could you please contact us to [email protected] and let us check the problem? Please send temporary admin access credentials. We will take a look and provide a solution to the issue as soon as possible.

Also indicate the URL to your forum topic in the e-mail subject.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Steven replied the topic: submissions working but not posting to emails

Thanks, i've just sent you credentials and a link to my site.

Dear Steven,

Thank you, we have received your e-mail. We will reply to it soon.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Julia Lucio replied the topic: submissions working but not posting to emails

I am having the same issue. Did you find the problem?

Dear Julia,

The problem on Steven's website occurs because of one of the e-mail addresses, which is being rejected when sending e-mails and it also affects to two of your other e-mails.

So the cause of your website problem is most probably a different case. Could you please send an e-mail to [email protected] and give temporary admin access to your website? We will take a look at the problem on your site and solve it as soon as possible.

Also please mention the URL to your forum topic in your e-mail.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Sarah Wellington replied the topic: submissions working but not posting to emails

I am having the same issues. The link is: www.refugeva.org/online-giving-thank-you/ this is the third time I've contacted you since yesterday.

Dear Sarah,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Our team wasn't available because of the weekend. We have responded to your e-mail a little while ago.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Even adding other emails is not working. I've tried removing my @hebridean.... addresses and they go through ok. But trying to add another @hotmail.com address breaks it again.
Is there a log file that shows any error or rejection messages? Is it my send from (@box245.bluehost.com) that's causing the problem?
I don't see what the big issue is here?
Thanks

Dear Steven,

Looks like the problem is different. We will take a look at it again soon.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Hi, this is now not even putting submissions into the database on the dashboard. It's become totally unusable. I'm assuming this is something to do with what you changed last?
This is only the case for the contact us form, the repairs one still puts submissions on our db. Neither will send to our email corporate email accounts still though.
Thanks for your help

I have fixed my issue by installing Wp Mail Bank plugin which uses the smtp server to send mail rather than the PHP function. Seems to be working so far.

Thanks for that Julia. I'm not sure it'll fix my problem for one of my forms as it's not even populating a submission in the database but i'll try it anyway, maybe it'll work for the one that does do submissions.

Yeah, my copy always saved to the database, so maybe it's a different issue altogether. Good luck!

Dear Steven,

SMTP plugin should work, you can try using it to send mails through SMTP. And I also have feedback from our developers. They say, that mail function does not bring errors, they have tried everything they could. So the problem might be caused by your server, for example, there could be limitations on some of other servers, so that is why e-mails aren't being sent.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

ok, thanks. I'll try that plugin. Do you have any idea why the contact us form is no longer putting submissions on the backend? The other form is ok.

Dear Steven,

That option was disabled from Form Options. We have enabled it when you reported the problem.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Kim replied the topic: submissions working but not posting to emails

I'm having similar issues.

I have 3 emails set to receive a submission. One an AOL, one a Gmail and one mine which is over on Bluehost. Currently, only the Bluehost one receives an email notification, the other two do not.

Haha, that's the opposite of what's happening to me. My gmail & hotmail work fine, my bluehost one doesn't. Do you host your email account directly on your bluehost panel? Ours is forwarded through mx records to our exchange server, i'm thinking that could be a problem?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Support

No, this account is hosted on Go Daddy (it's a Pet Rescue and that's where they bought hosting services). What I may try to do next is set up email forwarders via my Bluehost account that forward to the rescue's AOL account.

You know, though now that you mention it, I have another client that uses BlueHost and I seem to remember we had an issue with getting their email submissions through to AOL and/Gmail but I don't remember how that was resolved.

Dear Kim,

Thank you for reporting the problem. This problem could be caused because of hosting limitations. A good solution would be to use an external SMTP server, it usually doesn't create any problems with mailing.

In any case, we have received your e-mail, I will pass the login information to our developers, so they can take a look and suggest the best solution for you.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

I set up SMTP this morning via Postman SMTP and while it looks like everything is fine doing it that way, I'm still not receiving emails to aol or gmail.

Dear Kim,

As our developers looked, it seems like this problem is caused by limitations on your server. Could you please contact your hosting provider and ask them to take a look at this problem?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Well, as predicted, Go Daddy is saying it's a problem with the Plugin. I did change the MX record on the account and using the Postman SMTP plugin was able to send emails to AOL, Gmail and the email on my server. Then the Go Daddy guy showed me this article: postmaster-blog.aol.com/2014/04/22/aol-m...rc-policy-to-reject/ which came through with the rejection from AOL (the email was leaving my server). I realized that if the email was being "sent from" an AOL email (i.e., the person completing the contact form used an AOL email that became the "from" email), AOL rejected it.

Therefore, I changed the forms to use a generic email from our domain as the from, regardless of the email entered by the person completing the form and now the emails do get through to AOL and Gmail. However, now they're not getting through to the the email on my BlueHost account.

When I use the Postman SMTP plugin though and send a test email to the email account hosted at BlueHost (and AOL and Gmail), they do work. So I'm thinking there is an issue with the Form Maker Plugin, as the emails are leaving the server and getting through on AOL and Gmail and Bluehost when sending test emails. I'm thinking there's something not being formatted correctly in the email header info that's causing BlueHost to reject this.

I'm sending this info via email too along with the diagnostic info from Postman SMTP.

Thanks!

Dear Kim,

Thank you for checking this with your hosting provider. I will forward your notes to our developers, and they will check the issue again for you. We still have the admin account you've created.

I will get back to you as soon as possible!
Thanks.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds