Date format

Matthew Lambert created the topic: Date format

The default format for using the 3 date fields is "day, month, year." Most people in the United States use the proper format of "month, day, year." There is only an option to change the format if you are using the date picker. I need to use the 3 box drop down date menu formatted for both the input and the output to be %m/%d/%y.

Please advise on how I can do this.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Date format

Dear Matthew,

Please be informed, that unfortunately this option is not available in the dropdown date field.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Erick replied the topic: Date format

Hi,
I have a similar question... How do I enable only the month and year, I don't want a drop-down for day.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Date format

Dear Erick,

Unfortunately date field with separate select fields does not have options to enable or disable dropdowns.

First I wanted to suggest a CSS code to hide Day select box, but it lefts out the backslash and also "Day" mini label. Luckily, the mini label can be erased from the field toolbox.

You can try this, please give us the form page link, in case you need help with the CSS code.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Agapi,

Sorry for the delay, below is the link to the form. The date appears when selecting a payment method.

Thank you.

Dear Erick,

Here's the CSS code to hide the input. Please add it to the theme of your form:

#wdform_57_day12 {
    display: none !important;
}

Afterwards clear the mini label in date field from its toolbox. Let me know if it works.
Thank you, have a great weekend!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

The '/' after the day still displays, but everything else is gone now. Thank you.

Dear Erick,

Yep, that is the only glitch. Unfortunately hardcode is necessary for removing it. But this is not recommended, because the changes will be removed in case you update the product.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds