SSL/HTTPS Spider Facebook (Licensed) - not working

Owen B-R created the topic: SSL/HTTPS Spider Facebook (Licensed) - not working

Hi,

I purchased the Spider Facebook Wordpress plugin and have been very happy with the software so far.

However, I recently installed SSL on my site and changed the base URL in wordpress to https: instead of http:

Since doing this, facebook could no longer find the comments related to the posts in the_loop, in addition to this, now it appears to have found comments linked to a plugin I used prior to purchasing Spider facebook (i.e. - the facebook comments under the posts are not the comments made since Spider facebook was installed).

Being that SSL is a relatively simplistic change, I don't understand how this could have happened (the mismatch of faceboook posts to blog posts).

I can still see the posts in Wordpress, and I can still see the comments made on the posts in facebook, I however, can no longer see the facebook comments related to the posts when looking at the posts within "the loop".

Has anyone else seen this type of issue?

Thanks,

--Owen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Owen B-R replied the topic: SSL/HTTPS Spider Facebook (Licensed) - not working

Update to this after switching SSL on and off - Facebook comments and like functionality work, but the association between the posts and comments made previously are no longer there (i.e. new comments and posts work as expected)...

The LinkedIN share functionality however now is only sharing a URL rather than the excerpt from the Blog post, this isn't the expected behaviour is it?

(i.e. using other linkedIN share functionality I get an excerpt from the blog post when sharing, now I'm just sharing a URL).

Thanks,

--Owen.

Support replied the topic: SSL/HTTPS Spider Facebook (Licensed) - not working

Dear Owen,

Please post the link to your page where you use our plugin.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Owen B-R replied the topic: SSL/HTTPS Spider Facebook (Licensed) - not working

Sure:

exomniatech.com.au/blog.php

Thanks,

--Owen.

Support replied the topic: SSL/HTTPS Spider Facebook (Licensed) - not working

Dear Owen,

Could you please contact us to [email protected] and let us to take a look at the issue? Please mention the full link to your forum post in your e-mail.

Thank you

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds