I need to have 2 catalogs with the same products

Justin Woods created the topic: I need to have 2 catalogs with the same products

I have a pop up board game store, and we have a game library that our visitors can come play on our hosted game days. I currently have a very crude list of games that links to external pages ( www.badzerogames.com/our-game-library/ ).

I need to be able to create a page that lists all of my game library games, and a page that lists everything I have in stock. Many of the products on each page will be duplicates. How can I achieve this?

I need 1 page on my site to list my game library and another to list my game stock (for sale). In some cases, the games in the library will be the same as those in stock. I also need to be able to quickly move a game out of stock/library when sold, etc... I've tried to use categories, but I can't seem to get it right. How can I make this work? I have the Pro version.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: I need to have 2 catalogs with the same products

Dear Just,

You can just try to insert the shortcode of your catalogs to the page/post twice.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Justin Woods replied the topic: I need to have 2 catalogs with the same products

I'd have 2 pages with the same information then, wouldn't I?

One page is for games in my library, the other page is for games in stock (available for sale), and includes expansions, accessories (such as card sleeves) that are not in our game library.

Thoughts?

Dear Justin,

Do you just want to publish the same catalog in two different pages ?

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Justin Woods replied the topic: I need to have 2 catalogs with the same products

No, I want to publish some of the same products on 2 different pages. What I need is a way to have items that are in my library AND in stock show up on both pages. When something is either in the library OR in stock, but not both, I need to be able to turn it off.

I think I may have figured it out as I responded, but I'll let you know if I like the end result or if I need assistance.

Dear Justin,

You can set two categories to your products. One your real category and one test category which you will not use. When you want to unpublish one of your products from the page, you should leave only the test category and disable the real one for it.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds