Automatically assign a generic image to products

Hal Mandelman created the topic: Automatically assign a generic image to products

I am working on building a catalogue with the paid version. Is their a easy way to have a standard image be used for all products other than the NO IMAGE AVAILABLE icon.

It would be a nice option to change the standard NO IMAGE AVAILABLE icon. Until then, can you tell me what I could edit so I can have the image that I prefer to show for products that I don't have the actual image ready yet. If its as simple as letting me change your standard image, could you point me to where that file is located so I can modify that image file.

NOTE: I would recommend you make it a option in the GLOBAL settings of the PAID version where you could just upload your own image to use instead of the provided NO IMAGE AVAILABLE image.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Automatically assign a generic image to products

Dear Hal,

Please replace the noimage.jpg file of catalog/Front_images folder with the desired image.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Hal Mandelman replied the topic: Automatically assign a generic image to products

Thanks for the direction. I do think that would be a nice feature to add in the GLOBAL SETTINGS of the paid version. Allow them to easily change the standard NO IMAGE AVAILABLE to something customized. I just use the company logo instead for my purpose. Once the product image is finally ready, I can then update that item with its actual product image.

Support replied the topic: Automatically assign a generic image to products

Dear Hal,

Thank you for the suggestion.
We will consider it when developing the future updates of the product.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds