Polish and German translation

Artur Orysz created the topic: Polish and German translation

I have created a three-language website. For the purposes of site I have translated language file, but I am not able to display some of the characters in UTF-8 like the German letter U with two dots above, or Polish letter E with "tail" in their place there is a triangle with a question mark.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Polish and German translation

Dear Artur,

According to some research we've done, there could be fonts, which do not support German characters such as ö, ä, ü, ß. We believe this relates to Polish as well. So firstly could you please change the font of that section to a regular one, such as Arial, sans-serif or Verdana?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Artur Orysz replied the topic: Polish and German translation

Support wrote: So firstly could you please change the font of that section to a regular one, such as Arial, sans-serif or Verdana?

#div-articles div#productMainDiv div#spidercatalognavigation {
        font: 14px Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;
}

I solved the problem, I changed the file encoding to UTF-8 . Windows by default saves text files in a format other than Unicode, depending on the operating system language. I used this program to convert de-DE.com_spidercatalog to UTF-8

Attachments:

Dear Artur,

In this case the problem is within Spider Catalog's translation. Could you please contact us to [email protected] and give us temporary super user access to your site? We will check out what's going wrong.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Artur Orysz replied the topic: Polish and German translation

I solved the problem, I changed the file encoding to UTF-8 . Windows by default saves text files in a format other than Unicode, depending on the operating system language. I used this program to convert de-DE.com_spidercatalog to UTF-8

Dear Artur,

So the problem was that it was not saved as UTF-8. Thank you for sharing the information. Let us know in case you face other issues.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds