Error when upgrading from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3

Ronsse created the topic: Error when upgrading from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3

Hi, I just upgraded my site (on localhost) from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3. It was successfull except for Spider calendar.
On the backend, when trying to go to the component I get an error 404 "Can't find the component".
On the frontend, although I can see the upcoming events OK, I can't see the small calendar, instead there is a message "Fatal error: Class spidercalendarController cannot extend from interface JController in C:\xampp\htdocs\test6bfsBkup2components\com_spidercalendar\controller.php on line 19"
I neither can see the big calendar , instead there is the same error message.
I guess I should uninstall the component for Joomla 2.5 and install the component for for Joomla 3, but I can't find any "uninstall" option ?
Thanks in advance for an answer.

Looking to a way to get around the problem, I tried to deactivate the "spider calendar" modules and plugin, and then to install the version for Joomla 3 , but these could not be installed. So I decided to reactivate the modules and plugin in order to take a backup of the site as it was in Joomla3 ... and guess what ? suddenly the component was accessible and it worked, I don't understand why, but it WORKS !!! (Maybe you can explain it to me, an answer would be nice but not essential)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Error when upgrading from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3

Dear customer,

After reinstalling the product it should have already work. Most probably it still showed the errors because of the cache.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ronsse

Ronsse replied the topic: Error when upgrading from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3

Always "clear the cache" seems to be a good rule !!!

Thank you for the answer.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds