Frontend Event Management - How does it work?

Phil Schaming created the topic: Frontend Event Management - How does it work?

Using Pro Version on Joomla 2.5.8.
I have two users: member and super user.
Both users have privledges to control events on frontend.
When "member" creates an event, it displays correctly, and "member" can edit and/or delete it.
SU can see the event on the calendar.
However, SU can't see nor edit the event via "Manage Event" on frontend calendar.
SU can edit and/or delete the event on the backend only.

I would expect that SU could see and edit the "member" added event.

Any advice?

Thanks.
Phil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Phil Schaming replied the topic: Re: Frontend Event Management - How does it work?

On further analysis, the database shows that events added in the backend don't have a user ID. It's blank. Frontend events are given a user ID on creation.
Frontend events can only be modified and/or deleted by the original user ID. Those events added in the backend can't be modified or deleted on the frontend. Not even the Super Admin can touch the events in the front end that were created in the backend.

I hope that helps.

Phil

Administrator replied the topic: Re: Frontend Event Management - How does it work?

Dear Phil
Sorry for the late answer. Yes, you found the answer of your question. On the frontend, only the user that created the event can modify it. The super administrator can modify any event from the back end. If you need to modify this logic, so that the super administrator can modify the events from the front end, we can do that modification for you.

--
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Schaming

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds