Frontend Adding/Editing Events -Jumps to Frontpage

Jonas created the topic: Frontend Adding/Editing Events -Jumps to Frontpage

@Admins: can you please move this Topic to the Sub-Forum: Joomla Spider Calendar ? Thanks!
Hi Everyone,
if i klick in the frontend on the link "Add Event" (oder Manage Events), i don't get the dialog to Add/Edit my events. Instead my Browser displays only the frontpage of my Joomla page.
Do you have any ideas why?
Then i looked for the link that is generated for the "buttons" Add Event and Manage events. They both start with:

http://my-website.de/component/spidercalendar/?view=add_event&calendar=1&module_id=1469859677
Then i looked at my ftp account to see which files are in that location (/component/spidercalendar/). And thats what confuses me: there is no folderpath like /component/spidercalendar/. I only have a folder component (without "s" at the end). Is that "normal"? Or is joomla getting the information for the right folderpath from elsewhere?

Whats even more confusing for me: i have installed the module "upcoming events" and the links in there are the same, like
http://my-website.de/component/spidercalendar/?view=spidercalendarbig&calendar_id=1&eventID=531&theme_id=13&module_id=101&date=2015-02-20&tmpl=component&Itemid=631&popup_width=600&popup_height=500
but they work without any problems. The expected popup is displaying.

Please help me :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Frontend Adding/Editing Events -Jumps to Frontpage

Dear Jonas,

It is normal that your server doesn't contain /component/spidercalendar/ path.
Please tell us what user groups did you select in "Allow User to add and manage events:" section.

Also could you please contact us to [email protected] and let us to take a look at the issue? Please mention the full link to your forum post in your e-mail.Also please include temporary admin credentials to your website in the mail.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Jonas replied the topic: Frontend Adding/Editing Events -Jumps to Frontpage

Hi Support,
i first selected the costum user group "termine" and the groups "publisher" "manager", "Administrator" and "Super Users".
The account i test the calendar with is member of the user group "termine".

Then after your answer i tried only to allow acces to the user gruop "termine" and deselected the other ones. That worked for me! Now i'm no more "switched" to the front page! Thanks!

But why is it normal that my server dosn't contain /component/spidercalendar/ path when the links (Add/Manage Events) says it like this? It would be very nice of you if you could explain that issue to me.

Best regards
Jonas

Support replied the topic: Frontend Adding/Editing Events -Jumps to Frontpage

Dear Jonas,

You can read more about that here

docs.joomla.org/Supporting_SEF_URLs_in_your_component

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds