Controlling image sequence in gallery

Alan Tigner created the topic: Controlling image sequence in gallery

When I upload my images they show up on the upload staging screen in the sequence I want which is by file name. They are all named identically with a unique sequence number in the name. When I select the images I want and add them to the gallery they are inserted in reverse filename order. I really don't think manually sequencing them in the gallery is an option and wondered if there is something that controls the sequence they show up in the gallery.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Controlling image sequence in gallery

Dear Alan,

If you need to order the images alphabetically, please click on the Filename ordering link and then move one image. Afterwards move it back to its place and click save. This way the pictures will be ordered by their filenames.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Alan Tigner replied the topic: Controlling image sequence in gallery

That did not seem to make any difference. I actually deleted all the galleries and tried recreating them but nothing changed. I did what you suggested by sorting by filename and moving one of the pictures temporarily and then returning it to the proper sequence. I also tried altering the sequence vales in the short code but that did not work either. It seems like a simple fix but nothing is working. I also looked at the database and the images are added in reverse order to the table as indicated by the "order" column.

Support replied the topic: Controlling image sequence in gallery

Dear Alan,

Could you please contact us to [email protected]? We will need to take a closer look at this problem in order to suggest a solution.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds