"Please select an element"

Jim Gribble created the topic: "Please select an element"

That's the error message every time I do select an element and attempt to save it as a new field. Drag and drop also doesn't work. The latest version for Joomla 3.3 is installed; along with the plugin. And yes the plugin is activated. In addition to not being able to add new fields, I find that I am denied permission to edit existing pre-built forms and their fields. When I click the edit page icon, I get a blank frozen screen. I deployed one of the pre-built forms and tested it. The submission went through just fine and the form worked just fine in the front end. The trouble is, I can't edit the form in the back end or create a new custom one. I am hoping you can look at this and fix the bug. It occurs to me I've had the same issue before with Formmaker. It seems not to work out of the box. I started using the component when it first came out and have been pleased with it. Am using it now for a volunteer project for my yacht club. You can see the developmental site at newssyc.com; I would be happy to let you in to the back end. The front-end test page can be viewed here: newssyc.org/index.php/join .
Thanks,
-Jim Gribble

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: "Please select an element"

Dear Jim,

Do you have a script-blocking software installed to your site? This could be a conflict with another extension, or there is a component, that is preventing Form Maker's scripts to run. Please check this.

If there is none, please give us (to [email protected]) temporary admin access to your website. We will take a look and try to fix the problem as soon as possible.

Also please don't forget to mention the full link of your forum post in the e-mail.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Jim Gribble replied the topic: "Please select an element"

Thank you. A e-mailing temporary admin access. I am not running any script blockers. However, this is an update of an older site that was put together by a newbie and pretty messed up; and so there could well be an errant plugin that's no longer needed and is causing a conflict. I uninstalled several major obsolete components. I appreciate the quick look. This is a great app and I gave it a rave Joomla review two years ago.
-Jim G.

Dear Jim,

Thank you, we have responded to your e-mail.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Dear Jim,

Since the problem was present only when using Google Chrome, the problem was related to a Norton Security extension, that is installed to your Google Chrome. We have tested your forms with Chrome on our side and were able to add/edit fields.

Here is how you can detect which extension is blocking Form Maker's scripts: disable all of the extensions you have and separately enable each of them. Check the backend of your forms and whenever you face the problem, the cause is that particular extension. After you detect, you can just temporarily disable it when working with Form Maker, and then enable it back.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds