carrying a value over to use another page

kevin created the topic: carrying a value over to use another page

Hello, I have created a form where it has a field (a total price). I want to identify this field value name to use it another page within the Joomla site. The extension actually seems a closed system, I can't get to the actual scripts to even identify the fields created, can you advise?

I have a purchased the joomla 3.0 version of the extension--formMaker for $30. I did not expect to be facing a close system where I'd be dependent on asking for the simplest of the code access. Let me know if thre is a way to get to the code itself?

for example, the below is the only script of the field I see, the row is identified but what I need is the field value:
<div wdid="49" class="wdform_row">
%49 - Total:%

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: carrying a value over to use another page

Dear Kevin,

All of our products are open-source. If you have installed it to your Joomla site, please install a file manager extension, such as Extplorer and you will be able to see the code of the extension.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

kevin replied the topic: carrying a value over to use another page

to add custom code, or custom PHP code to do a simple echo command is impossible via the backend. Am I missing something? I can see the source code from the web browser but how do I actually get to the code edit within the system if it's closed like this?

I've paid already $40 ($10 extra for thre import/export of csv) and can't do a simple paypal button to carry over the total value--and can't even get to the code to ses what's wrong from the backend. is it because it's a personal license instead of a commercial license? why wasn't this advertised then?

Dear Kevin,

Could you please tell us what are you trying to accomplish exactly? We will suggest you where and how to do that.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

the value of the total will be taken into the confirmation page (after submitting the form) -- to recall the value under the line:
Your total is:<total value>
<I have a script taken from Paypal to bring this value over to the paypal gateway.>

the form in question is "law school registration2"

Dear Kevin,

We can implement this functionality with additional fee. Please contact us on Tuesday, if you need us to make it.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

I rather use the functionality which was advertised than to incur extra fees on a work-around-job which wouldn't be necessary. If it is due to a license I have paid for (the 1 site fee of $30) then I wasn't aware of it, is this the case?

Is there a limitation on this license to get Paypal functionality working? ie. from a form created, calculate the total sum and submit to Paypal gateway.

Administrator replied the topic: carrying a value over to use another page

Dear Kevin,
We already have a PayPal integration, if that's what you are asking for. In our form you should include PayPal fields and insert Total button to calculate the Total if you want. The entered data will be saved. Upon hitting Submit button, the user will get redirected to PayPal to pay the provided Total amount. Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds