~~~ Form Maker READER???

Internaut created the topic: ~~~ Form Maker READER???

There are bazillions of plugins for most CMS's that help the Admin create forms to be filled in by a visitor - Form Maker is one of the many. And for making a form, it's good.
But I've yet to find one that lets the visitor search (only search) the database without giving visitors access to the Joom dashboard!

I would like to know if or when Web-dorado may consider making a admin-flexible database reader that doesn't require the guest to register, login, or use the Admin dashboard to search a database!

Then perhaps Form Maker will become useful.

i

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: ~~~ Form Maker READER???

Dear customer,

The feature of showing submissions in front-end is under development now. We will release the updated version in a month.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Internaut replied the topic: ~~~ Form Maker READER???

Fantastic!!! I am looking forward to it.

Are or will there any beta versions sooner than a month?

i

Dear customer,

Please contact us after three weeks and we will send you the beta version if it is urgent for you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

I sent a contact message twice reminding Web-dorado of the opportunity to work with the beta - have not heard anything.

If it is not being done, please let me know so I can move on.

It's no good if one buys a car without passenger seats. Or a database (Form Maker), with only the Admin having access.

Dear customer,

Unfortunately we have found some bugs in it while testing. We are working on fixing them and hope that it will be ready in a week. Can you please contact us again after a week and we will send you the beta version.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

I'm asking again...

i

Support wrote: Dear customer,

Unfortunately we have found some bugs in it while testing. We are working on fixing them and hope that it will be ready in a week. Can you please contact us again after a week and we will send you the beta version.

Dear customer,

Can you please tell us your Joomla version(2.5 or 3) ?

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Can you please tell us your Joomla version(2.5 or 3) ?

I am using Joomla 3.x

Will it not work with 2.5 and 3.x?

i

Dear customer,

Can you please contact us to [email protected] ? We will send you the beta version.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Received. Many thanks.

Getting errors. Should it install with FormMaker, instead of FormMaker, or alone?

It's the version for Joomla 3.x

I tried to install on a 4.1 Joom, get error 500s. I'll look in to that when I am certain of how it (the form Reader) should be installed.

Looks like it can be interesting :)

i

Dear customer,

You should just install it. Can you please tell us when do you get the errors?

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

I still would like to know, will the beta data reader work on 3.3 or 2.5?
i

Dear customer,

Can you please tell us your issue more detailed ? Do you want to say that the version we have sent you doesn't work on Joomla 3?

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Can you please tell us your issue more detailed ? Do you want to say that the version we have sent you doesn't work on Joomla 3?

1. I provided that information already
  2. All you sent in beta was the new version of Form Maker, with a ton of ads.
  3. It is NOT a "reader" extension. It's just Form Maker with a link to buy Import/export
  4. Obviously, Form Maker is for family, or kiddie-coded web sites where viewing submissions that requires Admin access doesn't matter.

5. Import/Export is NOT a front end reader.

I know why you keep asking the same questions and not answer the questions I ask. The best service techs and customer support are those that read not peruse.

It's clear after reviewing the beta sent, that you don't know what is meant by a reader. Let me explain - or did you read this far?
As I started the thread with, there are a bazillion Form Makers out there. The ONLY way to view submissions is to apply admin access to Joomla. That works on a site where the admin is always available. But some sites needing Form Maker, can't allow a lot of different people to use admin access to Joomla to view submissions.

The new Export/Import does not let front end users access the database.

Form Maker is not very useful in situations where one needs to search for specific submissions, without getting admin access, or, bothering the IT whenever they need information.

By the way, the new ad-version of Form Maker installed OK, and uninstalled just as easily.

Buying Form Maker is like buying a new Solitaire game. Oh, you want it to keep score too? Well, but that score keeper.

i

Dear customer,

We have sent you the proper version with submissions front end showing functionality. Maybe you have not managed to figure out how to use it. We will help you. Please go to Menu->Main Menu ->Add New Menu Item. Afterwards, click on Select for Menu Item Type->Form Maker -> Submissions. Here you should set your form which has submissions and set the other options. Then you should publish the menu item and check the front-end. If you face any issue with it please contact us again. We will try to help you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

About Beta front-end reader set up.

1. Everything installed easily.

But, when adding the New Menu Item, under "Required Settings" > "Select a Form" > and clicking "Select" and I get the error:
"Fatal error: Class 'JModelList' not found in /home/mydomain/public_html/2j47251/administrator/components/com_formmaker/models/element.php on line 23"

Using Joomla 2.5

Dear customer,

When we asked you which Joomla version you use, you told us Joomla 3. Now you are trying to install the version for Joomla 3 on Joomla 2.5 . It will not work on it. Please log in to your account and download the latest version for Joomla 2.5. It is already available in that version.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

In what YEAR will this "next month" be? I bought my subscriptions (extension rental) a few times and stopped when the promised front end search-display never came about. Are you still working on it? I don't want to rent something for another few months, only to wait on promised changes that never come about.

Anoush replied the topic: ~~~ Form Maker READER???

Dear user,

Thanks for getting to us!

Could you please share a few details about the changes you mention?

Thanks and have a great day!

A few years ago, you can search through my posts, Web-d responded to my query that it was a good idea to be able to search through and display data collected from the form. I believe the example I used was a survey form. If there are for example, 100 responses, one needs to find something to go through the dbase to query results. Web-d promised, several times, that they were going to make such an interface. Instead, they came out with the access submissions from the front end.
What good is a form if each respondents data has to be gathered and information transferred manually?

You were coming up with a improvement that would read the data in a form such as:
EXAMPLE:
A form is made to collect Firstname, Lastname, address, city, country, zip, phone, sex, age, Bdate,
100 people complete the questionnaire.
That's 1000 answers.

What I was told was coming, is a method where those with permissions, could view/search/sort the entire list by fields. If one was looking for someone in a specific city, they just enter the name of the city, and all residents listed would show up.

EXAMPLE2:
A Soccer organization has 2160 playing fields across Europe. The "form' allows anyone to add a new soccer fields location. People could search the dbase for a location in their city, zip, or contact (phone) for an area.

Get what I mean?
i

Anoush replied the topic: ~~~ Form Maker READER???

Dear User,

Thanks for getting back to us!

I will share the suggestions for front end submissions functionality with our development team. They will take a look them and will add them to our task list.

Thanks and have a great day!

Time to create page: 0.317 seconds