[solved] Migrate forms from 1.5 to 2.5?

Rob Jones created the topic: [solved] Migrate forms from 1.5 to 2.5?

I'm in the process of migrating a Joomla 1.5 site to 2.5 and am hoping there is a way to migrate the forms I have created. I used SP Upgrade to do the migration and while it worked pretty well, it did not migrate any components or elements created within those components.

I have some very lengthy and complex forms, which I hope to avoid having to recreate. Can this be done? If so, how?

The topic has been locked.

Support replied the topic: Re: Migrate forms from 1.5 to 2.5?

Dear Rob,

You need to migrate the form maker tables from Joomla 1.5 database to Joomla 2.5 database. To do that you need to:
Please uninstall the Form Maker if you have it installed then proceed with the following steps
1. go to phpMyAdmin
2. open your Joomla 1.5 database
3. select the Export menu item
4. change the radio button from Quick to Custom
5. unselect all tables and select the following 4 tables:
[j1_prefix]_formmaker
[j1_prefix]_formmaker_submits
[j1_prefix]_formmaker_themes
[j1_prefix]_formmaker_views
(where [j1_prefix] is your Joomla 1.5 database prefix)
6. scroll all the way down and press the Go button. This will export a SQL file containing those 4 tables.
7. go to your Joomla 2.5 database
8. select the Import menu item
9. browse for the exported SQL file
10. scroll all the way down and press the Go button. This will import the form maker tables to your Joomla 2.5 database.
-- now you need to change the prefix for those tables to the one that is set for your Joomla 2.5 database.
11. in the phpMyAdmin from the left pane of your Joomla 2.5 database select the [j1_prefix]_formmaker table.
12. select the Operations menu item from the top menu
13. scroll to the Table options box and edit the value of Rename table to field with the Joomla 2.5 prefix, so that the table name now looks like this [j2_prefix]_formmaker (where [j2_prefix] is your Joomla 2.5 database prefix)
14. do the same for other 3 tables.
15. go to your Joomla 2.5 administration panel and install the Form Maker 2.5 version.

That's it! Now you should have your forms, submissions and themes all set up.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Rob Jones replied the topic: Re: Migrate forms from 1.5 to 2.5?

That worked like a charm! Thank you!! :woohoo:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jimmy Jackson

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds