Form stopped displaying after update to WP 4.0.1

Bradley Kolar created the topic: Form stopped displaying after update to WP 4.0.1

My sites were auto-updated today to WP 4.0.1.

After the update, my forms no longer display. Instead of loading the form, it just displays the shortcode.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Laurie McConnell replied the topic: Form stopped displaying after update to WP 4.0.1

Same here, just paid the $30 to get all the fields I needed and it doesn't work... and neither does the attachment field on this system :(

Craig Gregoire replied the topic: Form stopped displaying after update to WP 4.0.1

Quick fix - wrap the shortcode in the <code></code> tag. Display is off but the form works

The following user(s) said Thank You: Phuong Tran, Bradley Kolar, Ken

Bradley Kolar replied the topic: Form stopped displaying after update to WP 4.0.1

Craig - that fixed it. Thank you!

Dennis VanderWerff replied the topic: Form stopped displaying after update to WP 4.0.1

I'm experiencing the same problem. :angry:

Dennis VanderWerff replied the topic: Form stopped displaying after update to WP 4.0.1

Thanks, Craig. That worked for me, too. :)

Laurie McConnell replied the topic: Form stopped displaying after update to WP 4.0.1

Thanks for the quick response - it worked

Jenny Hobbs replied the topic: Form stopped displaying after update to WP 4.0.1

Hi, the same thing has happened to my site today, and the code wrap does not work either, please help, I launched a product today with a form for ordering, and it is not working? I am running Wordpress 4.0.1.

Support replied the topic: Form stopped displaying after update to WP 4.0.1

Dear all,

We are sorry, that you're experiencing this. And a huge thanks to Craig for the temporary solution! Please be informed, that we will soon release an update of the Form Maker which will fix your issue.

The issue was caused by the unexpected WordPress update without the notification about the content of it. But our developers are working on the issue and the update release will be available within a few hours.

Until then, please edit the form page with the Text mode of the editor and add a code tag to the shortcode, such as:

<code>[Form id="1"]</code>

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Mary Ellyn Weissman replied the topic: Form stopped displaying after update to WP 4.0.1

The quick fix is not working for me either.

Any updates?

Bradley Kolar replied the topic: Form stopped displaying after update to WP 4.0.1

They've posted an update to the plugin that fixes the problem.

Mary Ellyn Weissman replied the topic: Form stopped displaying after update to WP 4.0.1

Thanks Bradley but where can I find the update? It's not showing up on my dashboard?

I did the quick fix with <code>[Form id="10"]</code> in text mode and that works now...must have done something wrong the first time I entered...but the form alignment and font is still off and no update is showing up in the dash board.

I have the pro version so I was able to download it from the products page here at Web-dorado.com. I'm not sure how to get it through the dashboard. Sorry about that.

Robin Moran replied the topic: Form stopped displaying after update to WP 4.0.1

So because I purchased the product longer than 6 months ago, I can't get the fix?? So frustrated.
I can do the quick fix and that makes it so the form displays, however it doesn't show the Custom text that should show after form input. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I have 50 sites that this has effected..... I will be up all night trying to fix the forms. Stupid auto update!

Dear all,

The issues with the Form Maker/Form Builder/Contact Form Maker are caused by the latest update of WordPress to 4.0.1.

If you have a Form Maker/Form Builder/Contact Form Maker, which is not customized, please update to the latest version. The latest version can be found in WordPress if that’s a free version or your account (My Products) section, if that’s a Pro (paid) version.

Please note that after the update you will have to regenerate the shortcode. That is to delete and insert the shortcode from the Editor again.

Please note: if you have a customized version, please contact us to [email protected], providing temporary full Admin access, so that we will make the changes within the product code, so that that customization will not be lost.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules
The following user(s) said Thank You: Georgia Olds

Hi

thanks for the update!

I have the pro version but could you please clarify what you mean by "Customized" before I mess up my forms? I have created my own forms, not used the templates...is that what you mean?

also...is the update downloaded from the "Free" version download button where is says fix bugs, etc?

Kristofer Franzén replied the topic: Form stopped displaying after update to WP 4.0.1

I have the Pro version and would like to update, but it is not clear to me what the procedure is to update. I've logged in and downloaded the update, but then how do I update?

Kristofer Franzén replied the topic: Form stopped displaying after update to WP 4.0.1

I seem to have succeeded. But it would be good if the information about how to upgrade the Pro version were easier to find.

SMSS replied the topic: Form stopped displaying after update to WP 4.0.1

Heyyy, my form page is www.nordtax.net/formos/mva-registracijos-forma/ and i make with <code> tag, but what of this grey tablet? before form ???? And how update pro version ? Thank you of support

Dear all,

If you have the pro version of the plugin, please log in to your account of Web-Dorado.com and go to My Products. You will see the available update there.

After downloading the update, please deactivate and delete the version you have, and then install the update. This way you will keep your forms and submissions. But please note, that you will lose the data only in case of directly uninstalling the broken version.

As for the lite version, you will have the available update in the Plugins section of your WordPress admin panel.

Also, please don't forget to delete and reinsert the shortcode to the form page, after the update is completed.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Also, a customized version means, that we have added an additional functionality to your Form Maker/Contact Form Maker/Contact Form Builder.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Robin Moran replied the topic: Form stopped displaying after update to WP 4.0.1

If you purchased longer than 6 months ago, you can't upload the updated version, Correct?

I added the <code> </code> correction on all 50 of my sites, will this work for now?

Dear Robin,

Please go with the following permanent solution for your version of WordPress Form Maker. You can implement it yourself, if you don't have any trouble with doing that:

1. Go to your Plugins section of the WordPress admin panel of your website.
2. Find Form Maker and click Edit under the plugin title, you will access the plugin editor.
3. Please scroll down to the end of the code and add the following code before the main PHP ?> brackets:

add_shortcode('Form', 'fm_shortcode');

function fm_shortcode($attrs) {
$new_shortcode = '[Form';
foreach ($attrs as $key=>$value) {
$new_shortcode .= ' ' . $key . '="' . $value . '"';
}
$new_shortcode .= ']';
return $new_shortcode;
}

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds