WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

RCS replied the topic: WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

When are you pushing the updates so the install may be done through WordPress?

The topic has been locked.

Support replied the topic: WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

Dear RCS,

Please be informed, that this option is only possible with free versions of the plugins, since WordPress.org is a non-profit community and does not list the paid versions.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Thomas Jaenichen replied the topic: WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

Hands down one of the most frustrating issues we've had with you guys, and there have been several.

Just a heads up to anyone out there trying to update, DO NOT click the "uninstall" link when hovering over the Form Maker icon in your WP Dashboard... doing so ends up deleting all your data, including every form you've created, all previous form submissions, and every custom CSS you've built. I've installed and uninstalled several plugins throughout the past several months and am certainly familiar with the process, but while following the instructions from support I assumed that clicking their version of uninstall was the same as clicking WP's delete button... It's definitely not. In any event, I'm screwed with regards to having to invest over 10 hours to rebuild every individual form we had on our website.

Aside from that, I downloaded the 2.7.21 version of Form Maker Pro from the "My Products" section of your website, but it's still not working. It does work when I add the <code> stuff, but I don't know how it looks on IE, much less on mobile devices, as others have mentioned it doesn't display properly.

I tried editing the plugin and adding the extra code as suggested by support, but got an error after doing so saying it already existed and that the plugin was deactivated. I deleted the extra code and reactivated, hoping to get at least something to work on our website via the <code> hack.

To put things very simply, you need to fix this plugin once and for all within the next 48 hours or you'll need to refund the money we paid for this plugin. We had no idea that our forms weren't working for the past 7+ days, and after your repeated failed attempts at fixing it, nothing seems to work 100%. We average 20-40 form submissions a day on a regular basis, with some days seeing 100+ submissions, to generate leads and collect user info, and we're currently missing out on major business because of your shoddy programming.

Dear Thomas,

Firstly, we are sorry for the inconvenience you are facing. Please be informed, that this issue was caused by the latest update of WordPress 4.0.1 without the notification of it.

Secondly, if you are familiar with WordPress, then you should know, that uninstalling a plugin completely removes all the databases related to that plugin. And since any form on the world wide web (and not only) is directly connected with databases and simply cannot exist without them, deleting databases apparently does delete everything the plugin contains. Moreover, WordPress plugin uninstallation process does ask the users a couple of times whether they do want to delete those databases, or not.

Meanwhile the deactivate/delete option just takes away the controllers of the plugins, keeping all the files and databases on their places.

All in all, our support team is always there to help anyone out, regardless the plugin/theme/extension is lite, pro or premium version. We have fixed this issue of anyone's website, who has contacted us. So if you were not sure you wanted to change anything on your plugin, you should have contacted us earlier and wouldn't go through all of this.

Please contact us to [email protected] and give us temporary full admin access to your site's WordPress backend. We will resolve the problem quickly.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Urban Norlander replied the topic: WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

Does that mean that it won´t be possible to install the new version through Wordpress?

Dear Urban,

The plugin is installed through WordPress, it is just necessary to deactivate and delete the previous version and then install new.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

RCS replied the topic: WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

Not that I'm surprised, but deactivating and deleting the plugin and then uploading/installing did NOT fix the problem.

Suggestions?

Dear user,

In that case please follow these steps to solve the problem. You will be able to do that in case of having just a little bit of experience in working with codes.

1. Go to your Plugins section of the WordPress admin panel of your website.
2. Find Form Maker and click Edit under the plugin title, you will access the plugin editor.
3. Please scroll down to the end of the code and add the following code before the PHP main ?> closing brackets:

add_shortcode('Form', 'fm_shortcode');

function fm_shortcode($attrs) {
    $new_shortcode = '[Form';
    foreach ($attrs as $key=>$value) {
    $new_shortcode .= ' ' . $key . '="' . $value . '"';
    }
    $new_shortcode .= ']';
    return $new_shortcode;
}

If you don't feel very confident about implementing this code, please contact us to [email protected] and we will help you out.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christian Bach

James Liston replied the topic: WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

I uninstalled FormMaker Pro and deleted files then installed new update 2.7.22
Everything worked fine, my forms are still there, but the font isn't the same as the rest of the site.
Is it not looking at the right CSS?
Thanks for a great product, sorry WP didn't notify you about the update.
Jim

Dear James,

Could you please give us a couple of links to your forms? Also please tell us if you have made any modifications within the CSS of the form and tell us what fonts do you need to use.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Annie replied the topic: WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

<Edit>

Disregard this post, please. I figured it out. It wasn't a problem with the whole plugin, just one form that was irretrievably broken. Thank you.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Support

Dear Annie,

Please feel free to let us know in case you have any other problems.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Johan replied the topic: WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

Hello, I just updated to WP4.1 and the same problem seems to happen again.....

Edit: If I want to solve it myself by editing the source code, in which of the files do I need to paste the extra code? As there are many files in the plugin folder.

Dear Johan,

It is the main PHP file of form maker, titled form-maker.php. It is the one, that opens, when you click Edit under Form Maker of your site's Plugins section.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Thanks, but that file end like this: (so no closing tag)

register_activation_hook(__FILE__, 'formmaker_activate');
function sp_form_deactiv() {
echo esc_html($_GET);
if (isset($_GET)) {
if ($_GET == 1) {
delete_option('formmaker_cureent_version');
delete_option('contact_form_themes');
delete_option('contact_form_forms');
}
}
delete_option('form_maker_pro_active');
}

register_deactivation_hook(__FILE__, 'sp_form_deactiv');

Or do you mean a little more up in the code:

switch (isset($mode) && $mode) {
case 'end-UNINSTALL':
$deactivate_url = wp_nonce_url('plugins.php?action=deactivate&plugin=' . plugin_basename(__FILE__), 'deactivate-plugin_' . plugin_basename(__FILE__)) . '&form_maker_uninstall=1';
echo '<div class="wrap">';
echo '<div id="icon-Form_maker" class="icon32"><br /></div>';
echo '<h2>Uninstall Form Maker</h2>';
echo '<p><strong>' . sprintf('<a href="%s">Click Here</a> To Finish The Uninstallation And Form Maker Will Be Deactivated Automatically.', $deactivate_url) . '</strong></p>';
echo '</div>';
break;
// Main Page
default:
?>
<form method="post" action="<?php echo admin_url('admin.php?page=Uninstall_Form_Maker'); ?>">

Dear Johan,

Yes, that's what I meant. Please let us know in case you'll have trouble with this.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Thanks. Will do that.

Inserted the code, but it is still not working.

I still have to add <code> by hand.

What is wrong here? FYI I updated to Wordpress 4.1!

Dear Johan,

Could you please contact us to [email protected] and let us to take a look at the issue?
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

In the meantime I did that. Thanks.

Dear Johan,

As we are looking into your site, we've noticed that you have resolved the issue. Did you implement the code provided above?
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

No, I tried, but that didn't work. I removed it. I still have to use <code> by hand.

if you only looked at the contact page, yes you see <code> now, because I added that by hand.
But if I want to add a new form, it doesn't work.

Dear Johan,

Please be informed, that you need to remove the <code> tag after adding the code.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Jairo Leiva replied the topic: WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

I have the same problem, can you please send me the link to the update version. I temporarily added the <code></code> brackets to the websites.

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds