Custom text not in email

Matt created the topic: Custom text not in email

Hey,
I had a similar problem as this person...

web-dorado.com/forum/26-form-maker/6385-...-submitted-form.html

I have text that is already known from a javascript code that I wrote that I need to use on the form. I can get the text onto the form no problem, but the text is not being included in the email sent to the admin. How do I get custom information into those emails?

Thanks a lot,
Matt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Custom text not in email

Dear Matt,

Did you create custom HTML fields, which are not visible in the form submissions? They are not included by default, but you can write that text in the Custom Text in E-mail section.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Matt replied the topic: Custom text not in email

Thank you for your quick response. No I had not tried that but I just tried that for awhile to no avail. I believe I know where the holdup is. In Form Options>Email Options>Custom Text in Email For Administrator there are buttons to add all three of my non-custom fields (Name, Phone, and email address) as well as a button for all fields but my custom field isn't listed in these buttons. I tried to mimic the call for the non-custom fields by typing "%custom_8%" but that did not work. Any ideas on this?
Thanks again,
Matt

Also, just to note that the text I need to add is dynamically obtained from user interaction pre-form submission.

Dear Matt,

As mentioned, Custom HTML field is not included in the ones, that are being sent to the user/admin. What I mean was that you can copy the text/code itself to the Custom Text in E-mail section.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

How?

I have tried multiple things to try and get what you suggested to work. There might still be some confusion on what I am trying to add to the email. Let me be more clear. I have written a JavaScript code that allows users to select from a long list of courses they wish to take. They pick usually three or more courses out of hundreds. I need the list that they created with the JS code to be contained in the email to the admin/user. I have no way of knowing what those courses will be as the user selects them. I can get the final list to appear on the form using the custom field but I am unable to get them to the inbox of the admin/user.

I have found a workaround to get the courses in the inbox BUT it does not allow me to do everything that I need it to do.

Workaround: -I added a new field of the "text input" variety.
-I then used jQuery to put the user's list in that box and then disable input so the user can't edit the final list manually.

jQuery("input#wdform_9_element10").attr("class", "input_active");
	jQuery("input#wdform_9_element10").val(final_courses);
	jQuery("input#wdform_9_element10").prop("disabled", true);

This works, as the information I need sent is sent, however this is not meeting my required needs. When another employee reads the information from this email it is listed out with no breaks (e.g. "Courses: - VM1-01: VMware vSphere 5 – Part 1- Introduction to VirtualizationVM1-02: VMware vSphere 5 – Part 1- vCenter Server Installation"). This isn't very difficult to pick out the two courses but as you can imagine when a user signs up for dozens of courses, then reading this list will be a cumbersome task.

Form Maker uses the input type='text' to create this type of field. By definition, this type of object is limited to one horizontal line of text. So from there I thought I would replace that input box with a <textarea> which allows for multiple lines. This worked but obviously the courses were no longer being included in with the email.
I feel that this way is over-coding and I know there is a better way. Unfortunately, I do not know any PHP and I need this working as soon as possible.
Thank you,
Matt

I just found the toggle to change to textarea while checking out the premade forms. Thanks anyways.

Dear Matt,

The problem is, that you are not using the correct tools to implement the desired functionality. Custom HTML field is not connected to any type of database table, it just can view HTML codes.

If you need to add a custom Javascript functionality, you can do that using Custom Javascript section, which you can see in the Form Options of your form.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

What is your problem?
I do not need the information I am putting in the html codes in a database. It is not working and you are not helping. Why are you such a .? Just answer the god damn question. I paid for pro just for support and I have gotten nothing but frustration in return. Your thank you to post percentage is 0.07, that should say something about your level of "help".

Your problem is that you aren't spending anytime to figure out what the actual problem is before referring someone to something that is in the user manual. I tried the custom html thing multiple times. I set up an unordered list there and then used the javascript code to print the list there. That list showed up on the form but WAS NOT IN THE EMAIL. Which was the original question.

I hate to be a . here but I paid for support and what that meant was that I paid for one vague non-answer per day. You are pretentious and totally useless.

AND, you're the one who suggested custom HTML fields.

Dear Matt,

Would you please pay attention to the highlighted areas of the screenshot attached? We did not suggest Custom HTML fields, and asked you to copy the text you have in them to the Custom Text in E-mail section. You can find it in Form Options > E-mail Options > Custom Text in Email For User section.
Thank you.

P.S. Please be polite with your language, since our website does not have any age restrictions.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules
Attachments:

And please contact us to [email protected] an send us screenshots and code snippets of where and how you're adding the information.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds