Form Layout

Jarred Truschke created the topic: Form Layout

Good afternoon,

I'm stumped. I've been at this one question all day long.

I have a customized form layout. My form was working fine, then I needed to change a field's label. I made the change, but then, instead of displaying the form field and label, it displays only what's in the customized layout document. It should display a question with a text entry, but instead it displays...

%34 - Please compare the level of pain you felt to the level of pain of another injury. (for example: same as slamming finger, worse than breaking bone, mild sun burn,… etc.)%

Which is the text directly from the Form Layout. I went into the form, and checked the auto-generated layout button, which fixes the problem. The problem though is that I have some custom ids on form fields. I copied the code that the auto generated layout delivers, unchecked the auto generated layout option, then pasted the same code back into the box. I thought this would give me the same results as auto-generated layout, then I could just recode the form again. Unfortunately, I get the same result...

You can see the form at: scorpionstung.me/scorpion-stung-me-survey/

The field in question is on page 5.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Form Layout

Dear Jarred,

Do you still face an issue after checking the field "Auto Generated layout" ?

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Jarred Truschke replied the topic: Form Layout

I figured it out late yesterday and didn't get a chance to update this yet.

I copied text from something into the form label field on the admin side. It turns out there was an ellipsis in the text I copied, and it copied it as a special character, which causes problems. Once I took that out, and got everything to match up, it started working again.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, and for making one of the plugins that I'm happy to pay for.

Thanks,
J

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds