So... my form is stuck on update. nothing in front

Bethany Marriott created the topic: So... my form is stuck on update. nothing in front

I was editing my form and it was acting strangely e.g. wouldnt move questions to different areas etc.
I finally give up and save, and then the form is red and i get a notification to 'please update form' if i select it.

So i do this... by selecting 'update forms' but it's stuck on 0% and nothing is visible on the front end.

Please don't tell me i've lost the form...i've just spent the last few hours on it :(

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: So... my form is stuck on update. nothing in front

Dear Bethany,

Could you please give us (to [email protected]) admin access to your site, by indicating the forum post link in your email subject. We'll try to fix your issue as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Bethany Marriott replied the topic: So... my form is stuck on update. nothing in front

I opened a new user with admin access last last to your address.
Can i have an approximate time frame? this is quite urgent. i wish to know whether its lost or whether i can salvage the form before starting again =/

Dear Bethany,

Your webpage is not opening at all. Can you please check it?

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Bethany Marriott replied the topic: So... my form is stuck on update. nothing in front

Dear Bethany,

Still not opening.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Tried clearing cache? its all good my end. both on my network and on mobile data. =/ i can't imagine why you'd be blocked in the firewall...

sorry dustysremovals.specitechs.com.au/wp-admin
not login :S

Dear Bethany,

Most probably our IP address is blocked. Please add it to whitelist. Here is our IP address: 37.157.209.22

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Hi Bethany,
Hope you are well. :)
I could not detect any firewall blocks for the IP address

I infer that you are trying to login to wp-admin page of the wordpress site dustysremovals.specitechs.com.au. Please note that wp-admin access is restricted to Aus and NZ ip's to prevent hack issues.
You are getting blocked because you are accessing from Armenian IP.
I have overridden the access rule for your domain.
Could you please check it now from your end and let me know how it goes?

Keep well and have a wonderful weekend!
Please do contact if we may be of further assistance. :)

How about now? :)
www.dustysremovals.specitechs.com.au/wp-admin

Dear Bethany,

We managed to access your admin account. We will look into your issue and contact you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bethany Marriott

Any estimate of how long before you guys can have a look? would like to have an estimate. Simply want to know whether the form is salvageable or whether i've lost it.

Dear Bethany,

We have looked into your issue. Unfortunately we didn't manage to solve your issue as most probably you have installed the new version of Form Maker on a very old version. Or maybe something went wrong when saving the form. This can be connected with internet connected as well. Unfortunately you should deactivate, then activate the plugin and create your forms again.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Thanks, allthough i've been working on the form again and it seems ok. is there an import/export option at all? or would i have to completely recreate the form should i have to update the plugin

for instance - could you direct me to where to form is saved via FTP on the server?
surely i can copy over the files and have a backup...a bit like how you guys have the sample forms? This is important as its a large form and i don't want to recreate it again once i move the site to my clients server =/

Dear Bethany,

The form is being saved in database. Unfortunately you should recreate the form as it will not work on the old one. There is no other way. We are sorry for that.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

I have recreated the form. Im still in the process, did you have any steps for copying the new form from the current database to a new database?

Dear Bethany,

Unfortunately it is not possible.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

... Where are the files saved then? How can a form not be copyable from the database or FTP?

I found this post : Does it not apply to the situation?
web-dorado.com/forum/26-form-maker/7512-move-custom-form.html

I'll repeat that i aim to upload the website to a new domain/database and so i'm looking for a way to import my custom form into the new site without having to recreate the whole thing manually.

Is the post above not requesting the same?

Dear Bethany,

We are sorry for misunderstanding. Yes, it is possible.
You need to migrate the form maker tables from one Wordpress site database to another. To do that you need to:
(Please uninstall the Form Maker if you have it installed on the second site then proceed with the following steps)
On your first Wordpress site:
1. go to phpMyAdmin
2. open your Wordpress database
3. select the Export menu item
4. change the radio button from Quick to Custom
5. unselect all tables and select the following 4 tables:
[wp1_prefix]_formmaker
[wp1_prefix]_formmaker_submits
[wp1_prefix]_formmaker_themes
[wp1_prefix]_formmaker_views
(where [wp1_prefix] is your Wordpress database prefix)
6. scroll all the way down and press the Go button. This will export a SQL file containing those 4 tables.
On your second Wordpress site:
7. go to your Wordpress database
8. select the Import menu item
9. browse for the exported SQL file
10. scroll all the way down and press the Go button. This will import the form maker tables to your Wordpress database.
-- now you need to change the prefix for those tables to the one that is set for your second Wordpress database.
11. in the phpMyAdmin from the left pane of your second Wordpress database select the [wp1_prefix]_formmaker table.
12. select the Operations menu item from the top menu
13. scroll to the Table options box and edit the value of Rename table to field with the second Wordpress database prefix, so that the table name now looks like this [wp2_prefix]_formmaker (where [wp2_prefix] is your second Wordpress database prefix)
14. do the same for other 3 tables.
15. go to your second Wordpress administration panel and install the Form Maker.

That's it! Now you should have your forms, submissions and themes all set up.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Thank you very much

It happened again.
Does the form have a maximum field amount? it no fail bugs out at the same point in my form and displays the same error as originally posted in this topic.

im trying to implement a large quote from so the layout is as follows:

page 1 is an introduction to the form

page 2 is feilds requesting contact information and such

page 3 is details of removal pick up address

page 4 is details of removal drop off address

page 5 is services confirmation and terms and conditions acceptance

page 6 the moves on to starting a household inventory (100 number input fields) roughly split into two sections of 50 input fields.

page 7 is then pretty much a copy of page 6, but with different titles.

the form bugs out and goes red after saving the form after adding more number inputs on the next page... This is only the start of the inventory list that i require to be displayed, the sections mentioned only cover 4 bedrooms and a study, i still need to add at least 15 or so pages... I'm guessing this isnt possible?

Dear customer,

Can you please tell us what you want to do now ? Are you creating new pages of Form Maker with page breaks or you are migrating the form to another WordPress website ?

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Im creating the page with page breaks, and planning on migrating it to a new website...but the migration is pointless if i cannot create the form in the first place.

The same error occurs EVERY time i get to the same point in the form. I tested this with copies of the form before the error occurs and confirmed that it happens at the same point...

I tried it both with a page break and simply adding to a current page. both methods still caused the error... Can you explain this at all?

Dear Bethany,

You should leave your old forms and create a new one. Unfortunately you can't use your old forms any more.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.362 seconds